Our Vitamin C IV can boost immune function to fight off illnesses, and it helps with inflammation.
Also known as L-ascorbic acid, Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that is an important antioxidant and has been shown to regenerate other antioxidants within the body. Vitamin C is required by your body for the biosynthesis of collagen, an essential component of connective tissue that plays a vital role in wound healing. Vitamin C has been shown to regenerate other antioxidants within the body as well.
Vitamin C is important in preventing and treating a variety of diseases.
- Supports the immune system
- Is an anti-inflammatory and potent antioxidant
- Is required to make serotonin and other neurotransmitters
- Helps certain neurological diseases
PREFERRED OVER PILLS BECAUSE:
- High-dose vitamin C taken orally can give you diarrhea, nausea, abdominal cramps, and other gastrointestinal problems due to the effect of unabsorbed vitamin C in the gastrointestinal tract.
- When you take vitamin C orally, only a small percentage is absorbed by the body, the rest is excreted.
- Taking large doses of vitamin C orally can raise plasma vitamin C concentrations to a maximum of 220 micromol/L, whereas a vitamin C IV can produce plasma concentrations as high as 26,000 micromol/L.
VITAMIN C CAN HELP WITH MULTIPLE CONDITIONS INCLUDING:
- Colds & Flu - can shorten recovery time and lessen symptoms
- Fatigue - can help give you an energy boost, especially in combination with B Vitamins
- Wounds - can help you heal faster
- Allergies - Vitamin C has antihistamine properties
- Depression - Vitamin C helps raise neurotransmitter levels
- Certain neurological conditions
- Aesthetics - can help with loose, sagging skin, and skin brightening
Duration: 1 Hour
Optional add-ons to any infusion include Toradol, Zofran, and Hydration (500mL of fluids).
Call us at 405-715-4496 to schedule an appointment.